Most years I have a "theme" to my postings, but this year I cannot decide. So, I have decided to combine two "themes" I usually go to: Poetry and Photography.
There is a number of things I have done within both themes, one being I write or photograph something on the spot and post it (which turned to the more unusual as the wee morning hours crept by) or I prepared something before hand, perhaps just the day before (and never fully finished until such a time as I was out of prepared material and improvised the rest of the night, which as I already stated took a turn for the more unusual). There it is . . . I have a feeling as though a bit of "all of the above" will in fact take place.
This year will be just as interesting as the other seven.
Sunday, July 7, 2013
I will once again be blogging for the Tibetan Nuns Project.
"The Tibetan Nuns Project was founded over two decades ago to provide education and humanitarian aid to refugee nuns from Tibet and Himalayan regions of India. The Project provides facilities and programs to educate, empower, and improve the status of ordained Tibetan women.
The Tibetan Nuns Project is dedicated to:
- Improving standards of food, sanitation, medical care, and education in Tibetan nunneries
- Working towards future self-sufficiency through educational and training opportunities
- Training nuns to take leadership and service roles within their communities
- Improving the level and status of ordained Buddhist women
- Assisting recently arrived refugee nuns from Tibet
- Continuing to establish further facilities for Buddhist nuns
- Through our sponsorship program, funded by sponsors from around the world, we currently support over 700 Tibetan nuns living in north India. To learn more, click here.
The Tibetan Nuns Project was established under the auspices of the Tibetan Women's Association and the Department of Religion and Culture of H.H. the Dalai Lama."
- from the Tibetan Nuns Project